Using game play & development to educate
Reviews of Game Maker Development Books and other GUI-based Game Development Programs The reviews below are my personal opinions based on my knowledge and experience as a graphics designer, instructional designer, curriculum writer, classroom teacher, adult education instructor and end-user/learner. As a:
- graphics designer, I am looking at the friendliness of the overall layout to see if it's clean with a clear, easy-to-follow visual flow of information;
- instructional designer, I am looking at the content layout for structural configuration, flow of information, and typographical elements to aid in the clarification of directions;
- curriculum writer, I am looking at the content for clear and to-the-point explanations, and/or concise and easy-to-follow directions;
- classroom teacher/adult education instructor, I am looking for something I could easily follow to use as a reference and/or resource for my instruction;
- end-user/learner, I am looking for something I, or anyone else, could easily follow to use as a resource for learning.